Did I mention how tiring potty training is? Physically & emotionally tiring. As I write this post potty training is becoming a lot easier and a lot less stressful. Maybe it is because our days are becoming more of a routine. Maybe it is because Kaylee prefers to use the big toilet. But it is probably because I am more relaxed and can deal with whatever happens, most of the time. Although it does get irritating when Kaylee pees in her bed and on her pillow right after I just made the bed. But then she goes and follows up the accident with a BM in the toilet, so how can I be upset about the accident.
So now the routine is wake-up and she usually asked to have her diaper changed right away. She wears underwear all day long. I have her try to pee before everything ... before we leave the house, before swimming, before bathtime and bedtime, 15-30 minutes after a consuming a large amount food and liquids, and if it has been a couple of hours since she last used the potty. At nap time I try to sneak a diaper on her or a piddle pad under her. When we leave the house we keep a little potty in the back of the car, we always take note of where the restrooms are located, and I always remind her to tell us if she needs to go potty and where the potty actually is.
So in summary there are more "I peed!" and "I pooped!" than accidents, and that is all good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment