The night started with our evening bath as usual. We put our pj's on, found Daddy playing Xbox and said our good-nights. We went to her room to read a book, then dimmed the lights for her night nurse. I didn't let her fall asleep so I could lay her in bed awake but drowsy. I laid her down and she cried, but it didn't last long. Instead she decided to play with the one toy that is in the crib. Then for about 20 minutes she would stand, then sit, then lay her head down, and repeat. I thought, "Okay, this just may work". And then the crying and the protests started. She went on for 45 minutes, and then gave up and fell asleep. Up to this point I was handling everything just fine. I was tired, but not emotional or surrendering to her cries. But then she rolled over, her head hit the crib and she woke up. I wanted to cry! Actually I did cry, 3 times. I was so tired, my head hurt from her cries, and I knew if I picked her up she would stop crying. But we stuck through it, and 45 more minutes later she fell asleep. So it is 10:30pm now ... finally I get to sleep.
1:30am rolls around, she awakens, I console her and she gives in and falls back asleep.
2:30am rolls around and I don't even try to console her. I pick her up, nurse her back to sleep, and fall asleep.
6:30am, I awaken to tell Curtis I gave up ... 7:30am Kaylee wakes up for the day ... it is 7:30pm and I am still tired from last night!
The plan for tonight has yet to be determined. I'll report tomorrow how the night goes. Good night.


No comments:
Post a Comment