Saturday, February 27, 2010

Summary of Sleep Training Night #2

After night #1 I was certain that I was over the idea of sleep training. But I had to give it another try. So we did our regular bedtime routine ... bathe, pj's, goodnights ... Kaylee was more fussy than usual so we went straight to our night nurse. She began to fall asleep so I laid her in her crib. She fussed a little bit, but was so tired she fell asleep.

Alright! It is 8:30p and Kaylee is asleep. I got to go watch a movie with Curtis and even surf the internet.

I decided when she wakes up I'll go in and comfort her for a few minutes and the leave without picking her up. Around 10:30pm she woke up, I went in to let her know she was safe and then left. She cried for maybe 2 minutes and then resettled and fell asleep. 11:30pm same thing. Curtis and I went to bed at midnight. At 3am Kaylee woke up, so I went in, picked her up and brought her to bed. She nursed, fell asleep and slept soundly until 9am! As a family we were happy with how thing went last night. Our hope for tonight is for Kaylee will go to be with little fuss and maybe even stay asleep in her crib until 3:30 or 4 o'clock. Of course our hope is for her to be able to sleep the entire night on her own. But that will happen in time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment